Sunday, December 12, 2010

Leeks and Collards

















These stringy things are part of my leek beds. I have now been trying to grow leeks for almost a year.  Even for the professional farmer leeks take a long time to mature. You start them inside and the transfer them outside. When about 10 inches tall you make a 6 inch deep hole and plant the leek deeply into the earth to get the blanched part. So I will try them in some soup tonight.
I also picked up some collards. These greens look very vigorous. The weather is unusually cold. I found some water drops that had turned to ice.
This was 770 grams for a total of 227.182 KG which is 499.8lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Those turnips sure were good. This is weather for soup. I had veggie soup yesterday I make awhile back and froze the left overs. Will make potato soup today. Almost 500 mark. Yeah

    ReplyDelete