Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Improved Potting and Staging Area


































Well today turned a little chilled and I finished outside putting out some bulbs and some parsley the New Farmer had gotten for me. My attempts to start from seed where not successful but I will try again now.
 
The Farmers Wife helped today with the reorganization of the potting bench. I had made a mess with lots of empty boxes and the front window was blocked off so we moved to warmer corner for the winter. Other improvements included putting in a second set of lights on the bottom so I could have as many as 200 pots started if I need to.
Grow lettuce in side. Also I think that this coming year some plants like tomato, pepper and eggplant could be started and the placed in larger parts to get a more robust plant before I try to transplant. I think that particularly the peppers were just to small and did not make the transition as well as I would like.
There was a nice looking wicker basket and I was able to put a lot of my seed packs and other things I need like twine, labels and tomato supports in a tidy place. The Farmers Wife is going to put a curtain across the front to keep things warm and the light down.

I took up another hill of sweet potato because the vines had been damaged and that brougt
2.615 KG which pushes us up over
170KG

1 comment:

  1. That new area sure looks nice and clean hope we can keep it that way.
    I guess I need to make more potting pots. I like the flower touch.

    ReplyDelete