Saturday, July 2, 2011

Melon !!!! Tomatoes and Pepper

One of the things that is a little difficult to grow are melons.  The vines have a blossom every few inches but surprisingly few of the flowers set and make a melon. I am not sure what we can do to improve on this. This is a French melon that is smaller than the ones we get here. The Farmer's Wife and Daughter picked this while I was away but they did take a picture.
This year we have tomatoes in June but just barely. Last year they were several weeks earlier. I have two types of Cherry Tomatoes, one is about the size of a ping pong ball and one is much smaller. I will have golden pear tomatoes in the week and I have some larger ones not yet ripe.
We had roasted vegetables tonight and so I got some fresh onions and lots of herbs for the pan. Surprisingly there was some left.
Here are some cucumbers and peppers.

Here are some more peppers. Clearly this is the best batch of peppers I will have grown this year with large vigorous plants. None of them are very hot but they add a nice crunch.
11.881 KG to add to the total brings us 93.176KG.  This is getting very close to the half way point of 100 KG. I might get that later this week

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and wonderful veggies. I was under the weather this week-end and got great take-out hand delivered to my door from Farmer, Farmer's wife and Farmer's daughter. It was wonderful and sooo nice to have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete