Friday, February 12, 2010

Frozen Blueberry


I thought that this weekend would be the weekend that I would plant the first of my spring garden. It was this weekend last year that I planted Sugar Snaps, carrots, onions; I was going to add some fava beans this year. However, winter has thrown a curve my way with several inches of snow during the day. Tonight with the temperature below freezing there is still 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. Although the almanac says I should put seeds in the ground this weekend I think I will wait a week see what the weather will bring.

I have been watching my blueberry bushes each day as I pull into to park my car. The buds have began to swell and some of the smaller branches have visibly lengthened. Today when I come home the blueberry bushes were a thing of beauty with a frosting of snow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the blueberries come back. we had so many last year. Sure doesn't look like Al. The weather.com said there was snow in 49 states. My fig tree is come out here. granny

    ReplyDelete