Saturday, February 20, 2010

Seeds in the Ground


Today it was sunny and dry and the temperature got up to 70. I made the most of time and tilled, put up my sugar snap trellis and my cold frame. I was able to plant sugar snaps, beets, fava beans lettuce and rocket. I had good showing planting these things this early last year and I have enough seeds to plant again in two weeks if I should need to; or more likely to have another crop that will be offset by a few weeks to prolong the harvest. Today take a look at the trellis that I hope will be covered over in a few weeks with pea vines. My only worry about this is that I am using seeds from last year. With the passage of time the germination rate may drop but I have been able to plant my seeds densely to hopefully take this into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment