Friday, February 26, 2010

Cold Week


This has been a cold weather weak but there has been some activity. I have planted things out side but really too cold for much to come up. The cold frame did work pretty well. I had moved the cabbage and lettuce to harden but then it was suppose to get down to 22 degrees. This was a little nerve wracking so I brought in most my plants. I decide to leave a few pots in the cold frame to seek how well it would work. I put the plants back out yesterday and the it looks like the cold frame did a good job. The ones that were outside for the nights look as good if not better than the ones I had brought in.

I also had seeded pots with tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. They can take a lot of time come up but at 6 days the cherry tomatoes are starting coming up. I haven't seen any thing else yet. I will be off for a few days but I hope that a few things will come up and I might be able to work on the strawberry bed or do some plowing on my third plot.

The daffodils are coming up and today we have blooms today I brought in a half dozen to the office.

1 comment:

  1. We need to see a picture of the Daffodil. Been cold here too. I do see my Fig tree putting out buds. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete