Monday, March 22, 2010

Fava, Broccoli Raab more Mushrooms



It is unusually cool this spring. I don't think that we have had such cool weather since I have been gardening here in Alabama. It is a little hard to believe that our latest frost is almost always before April 1st and yet it was 35 degrees this morning. It is said to be frost free by April 15th. For the last few years I have had great starts on plants by this time of year. I am little worried that it will warm up and some of the spring cool weather crops won't have time to make.

I do have some things to show for my effort. Another big batch of mushrooms from the block and I paired them with some great broccoli raab, both cooked with a nice omelet.



I have some fava beans coming up and the sugar snaps.

3 comments:

  1. Those are super big! I wish they had come up while I was there.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get to try some of those mushrooms and Broccoli Raab the next time I am there. Sooo good. Granny

    ReplyDelete