Monday, March 15, 2010

Mushrooms, Pea Shoots and More


Today the weather is still cool but no rain today. The Suburban Farmer has several projects in progress to report on.

First the Mushroom block is doing much better this time around and it can be really amazing how quickly the mushrooms can grow. These have appeared and are almost ready to eat in just 7 days. I will have to look for a good recipe to try these in.

Secondly the tomato seedlings are progressing nicely and have 2 true leaves on most of the plants. I would like to have them be about twice this size before it will be time to go outside.

Thirdly here are some beautiful flowers. I think that these are some two tone daffodils. I thought I had planted narcissus here but those spring flowers would have already come and go by now.

Finally here are some pictures of the sugar snap peas that are all coming up and few more days we will see them climb up the trellis.

1 comment:

  1. The sugar snap peas will be so good. Maybe I will be back to help enjoy them

    ReplyDelete